What can i do if my best friend has social anxiety. how can i be there for her without being annoying?

Dr. Jason Berman
15 years experience
Be available: I suggest that you are available to listen to your best friend and, if asked, suggest that she consult with a psychologist or therapist. Group psychotherapy is an excellent way to heal social anxiety in addition to other ways.
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology 28 years experience
Get informed & ask.: What a sensitive question! I suggest 1) learning more. Symptoms of social anxiety include physical (heart racing, sweating); intense awareness of physical symptoms; thoughts of embarrassing self/feeling ashamed; avoiding social situations. Symptoms interfere with daily functioning, ability to form relationships, etc. Watch: http://ow.ly/EXbBU ALSO 2) Ask your BF if they want your help & what kind!