U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old member asked:

what is the difference between a typical stress headache and a migraine (not the difference between symptoms)?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Wilson
Anesthesiology 11 years experience
Like a seizure : Some research is showing migraine pathophysiology is more similar to seizures than to "headaches".

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A member asked:

Can stress cause my breast milk to dry up?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sharon Gilliland
Pediatrics 36 years experience
Yes: Major stress can certainly diminish breastmilk supply. However, there are things that can be done to counteract the effects of major stress. Drink tons of water (or other non-caffeinated clear liquid) and use fenugreek, an herbal preparation which helps increase milk supply. Dealing with the stress, itself, will also help -- for instance, counseling, yoga and relaxation exercises.
A 43-year-old member asked:

Is it safe to take medications for migraine during pregnancy?

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Fein
Specializes in Preventive Medicine
Yes: Some yes, some no. Tylenol, (acetaminophen) and (until 34 weeks) Ibuprofen are safe in pregnancy. Some doctors believe a small amount of Aspirin is safe in pregnancy, so Excedrin migraine can be very effective as well as tolerated in pregnancy. A big no goes to the tryptans -- imitrex, relpax, zomig, etc. As magical as they are for migraines, they are not safe in pregnancy.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 25-year-old female asked:

S why do I get migraines only on one side of my head on that side I see black k spots on vision. And I can't see light or hear any thing. Cause it hur?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Annette Fineberg
Obstetrics and Gynecology 29 years experience
See your doctor: If this has been going on a long time, it is likely migraines but if it is relatively new, see your doctor to make sure it is not something more dangerous. Also, he or she may be able to help you either prevent these episodes, make them less frequent, or at least treat them so they resolve sooner.
A 29-year-old member asked:

Can raynaud's syndrome caused by emotional stress?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bradley Thomas
Vascular Surgery 19 years experience
It can trigger it: Environmental triggers such as exposure to cold is more common. However, stress can also be a trigger and lead to the symptoms of reynauds. If your symptoms are bothering you significantly you should be seen by your doctor. Vascular surgeons, rheumatologists, and many primary care doctors can help you deal with this disorder.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated May 6, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.