how often does my baby need a flu shot?

Dr. Pamela Lindor
1 years: Your baby should be vaccinated against flu every year, usually between september and november. Your baby needs to be at least six months old to receive the vaccine. The first flu season your baby gets vaccinated, he/she should receive a booster dose about one month later. In subsequent years, only one dose will be needed.
Dr. Oluwatobi Amosun
Specializes in Pediatrics
1 years: Children can begin to receive the flu shot at 6 months. During their first flu season, infants should get 2 flu shots, 1 month apart. Thereafter, children should receive one flu shot each year.
Dr. Lisa Roberts
1 years: Generally, once a year in the early fall, a new flu vaccine is available to protect your baby from developing illness due to that year's most common flu strains. As the flu virus is prone to frequent mutation, the vaccine given the year before does not necessarily provide immunity to the following year's flu strains. For this reason, the vaccine may change yearly and be updated every fall.
Once a year: Babies over 6 months of age should get the flu vaccine each year. The first time the baby gets the vaccine, he should get 2 doses (given one month apart).
Dr. Kevin Windisch
1 years: 2 doses 1 month appart the first year then annually for influenza vaccines.
Dr. Paul Trani
Specializes in Pediatrics
1 years: Babies should get their flu shot annually beginning at 6 months of age. The first year your baby gets the flu vaccine, they will need to get it twice, with the two shots separated by at least one month. This is important to provide adequate levels of protection to the flu within your baby's body.
Dr. Arthur Torre
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 51 years experience
1 years: The first year a child is immunized against flu they should get 2 shots about one month apart. Then flu shots are given yearly.
Dr. Victoria Acharya
Specializes in Pediatrics
1 years: After 6 months, the aap and CDC recommend yearly influenza shots, since they are reformulated based on best predictions of the disease each year. They are usually available in october. Remember, the first time your child receives the flu shot, s/he needs one plus a booster one month later. If s/he only got one shot last year, s/he needs two this year for full protection!
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
1 years: In the US, all people ages 6 month and up are now recommended to get the flu shot yearly. Each year, the strain of virus that causes the flu changes and therefore you need to get a new flu shot yearly. Though everyone should get the flu shot, it is extremely important that certain high risk people receive it. For more information, look at the CDC's flu website: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/flushot.htm#whoshould.
Dr. Mark Diamond
1 years: After the initial 2 vaccinations after 6 mos of age, routine yearly flu shots are currently recommended. After the age of 2 years old, nasal flu vacccines are available if ther are no mediacal contraindications such as asthma.