My iud moved through my wall&near my intestins &no other problems im peeing fine, normal bowel movements&how long with surgery&how long to recover?

Dr. Marianne DiNapoli
Dr. Marianne DiNapolianswered
Discuss with the Dr.: Your doctor would be the best person to answer these questions. It's hard to say what the details of your surgery would be, since different doctors may approach it differently. If the iud can be easily located and removed with small incisions, then one would expect the recovery to be fairly quick and simple. If the doctor has to do a bigger incision to get to the iud, then recovery may be longer.
Dr. Gregory Hines
Many variables: This presumes that you had surgery to remove it already. If not, you need to be seen for either hysteroscopy or laparoscopy. As to recovery, either of those procedures can take a couple of weeks to recover most of the way, and about 3 months for full recovery.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016