37 year old has scoliosis, lumbar lordosis and curved spine, and was born with hip dysplasia.had several surgeries. now has joint and back pain walkin?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Nathaniel Brooks
18 years experience Neurosurgery
Joint/Back pain: You have a difficult problem because of your history. You should seek the advice of a qualified physiatrist who specializes in spine care. Preferentially they should work in the same practice as a spine surgeon so you can get both opinions.
Answered on Feb 2, 2015
2
Dr. Douglas Linville II
29 years experience Orthopedic Spine Surgery
DDH and scoliosis: I suspect limb length discrepancy. It also depends upon type of hip surgery, but you may be developing avn or arthritis now. The scoliosis and back symptoms are likely compensating for an imbalance created by your hips. I have "cured" back pain in patients with similar conditions with a shoe lift to correct inequality. See a good orthopedic surgeon or pm&r doc. Find your hip surgeon.
Answered on Sep 17, 2018
1