Trinidad & Tobago

5yr girl diagnosed with (r) hemiplegia focal epilepsy. in people speak, not doctor speak, what is wrong with my child?

Dr. Sathish Adigopula
.: Hemiplegia - means a side of the body is paralyzed. Will after hand trunk and leg on the same side. Depending on which level of the brain is affected it may be associated with more symptoms. Focal epilepsy means that the child has seizure activity which is not affecting the full brain. A specific part of the brain is sending out the epilepsy signals and it is not affecting consciousness of child.