Puerto Rico

my father (93 year old patient with dementia) has suffered various tia (stroke?) and treated in the emergency room (hospital). any drug for treat it?

Dr. Grant Linnell
Radiology 24 years experience
What is the cause?: Any therapy to help prevent a stroke should be directed at the cause. I need to know more information about the cause of the strokes before making a recommendation.
Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Emergency Medicine 47 years experience
The first drug to use to prevent TIA/Stroke is aspirin.However,this should only be used under the supervision of an MD.
Jan 1, 2017
Dr. Howard Greller
Emergency Medicine 23 years experience
Not without risk: There are treatments for acute strokes, usually needing to be initiated within 4-6 hours (hospital dependent) of symptom onset. These 'clot dissolving' drugs are not without risk (bleeding in the brain being the most significant complication.) your fathers age & dementia make determining whether he had a stroke difficult and may make the treatment more dangerous than not. See a neurologist.