SC

I have mild cerebral palsy on my right side. for the last few years now i've had this problem where i am fine throughout the day but i wake up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain in my left arm,shoulder or sometimes in my left leg?

y definition CP is a stable process linked to a n insult to the motor nervous system anytime from pregnancy to the 3rd birthday. Related symptoms would be evident by age seven or early adulthood at the latest when related skillsets are complete. A symptom appearing in your 50's is likely something else and deserves a good evaluation by your doc.
Neurology 52 years experience
I agree that the CP has little to do with the nocturnal pain issues. There are cases of stroke causing central pain syndromes, but your description is not consistent. You might have neck arthritis and nocturnal postures may irritate spinal cord, but not feasible to be exact. See a neurologist and get thoroughly evaluated.

Last updated Jun 11, 2021