Indian Orchard, MA

I triped last week pain shot up through my foot to my ankle now i have pain on the outside of my ankle bone hurts to walk?

Dr. Ejiro Isiorho
Podiatry 8 years experience
Painful ankle: Possibly, but it would be best if you took it easy over the next couple of days. You can use price therapy. If the pain is still the same after 10-14 days you should see a doctor and get some xrays. Since you have had repeated sprains you would be best served by asking for a podiatry referral.
Dr. Paul Bernstein
Podiatry 38 years experience
Ankle sprain: If pain is persistent with swelling , it is important to have at least an x-ray to rule out bone fracture. Sounds like a lateral ankle sprain, which could also involve a tendon tear. Treatment consists of possible immobilization, an/ or physical therapy, depending on diagnosis.

Last updated Dec 10, 2013