Canada

I'm due may with my second baby. i was in a car accident at 13 weeks and even though i was told everything with placenta and baby looked good , i worry i'm more likely to have a placenta abruption in labor because of the accident. am i at high risk?

Dr. Holly Maes
No, you're not! An ultrasound that shows everything is fine with placenta now is extremely reassuring. If there was even a small abruption at time of accident, it is easy to pick up on US. Since yours was fine, there is nothing to worry about 27 weeks later. Relax and enjoy pregnancy. Anxiety/worry can increase your blood pressure, raise levels of certain chemicals in your blood -stop worrying

Last updated Mar 24, 2021