FL

I had a laparoscopy hysterectomy on march 9th. it's been 10 days now and i have numbness in the 4 inch square below my navel. i remember coughing 5 days after the surgery and feeling a numb burning sensation like something cold on my skin?

Dr. William Wilson
This could be the result of focal damage to one of the superficial nerves near the umbilicus. This is the area where instruments are inserted to do the laparoscopic hysterectomy. The numbness will usually slowly improve over time. If not, check back with the physician who did the procedure.

Last updated Mar 20, 2021