Egypt

i have nightmares disorder so i have been experiencing high heart bpm rates for weeks only during sleep just when i wake up from a nightmare is that dangerous should i go for a doctor or what is the treatment?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 57 years experience
Wakeup hi heart rate: Google the Epsworth Sleep Scale and take it, You may have obstructive sleep apnea. Go to uptodate.cm and read more. Discuss with your team. Review meds. Keep diary of what you eat before going to bed. Show to your team.
Sounds pretty normal: Nightmares will trigger the same kind of stress hormone as a real danger situation. I would expect your heart to race in such an event. If it did not I would consider it worrisome. You may want to explore why you have nightmares with a life coach/therapist, but I don't think a heart checkup is warranted.