NH

I have a lump next to bellybutton. us suggested it may be herniated loop of bowel but radiologist wanted ct for further eval. my dr then ordered an abdomen pelvis ct without contrast. would it still be able to visualize the mass without contrast?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
CT w or w/o contrast: You can safely assume you doctor and/or the radiology department will know whether or not contrast would improve the imaging or better document the cause of the lump. Contrast isn't recommended if not clearly necessary, because of risk of allergic reactions and kidney damage from the contrast drug.

Last updated Feb 8, 2021