NY

I put a pillow under my ankles and it was the best sleep of my life but when i woke up, my legs were numb. is there anyway i can avoid this but still elevate my legs? every time i seem to do, it cuts of circulation or feels weird. thank you?

Dr. Richard Romano
Leg numbness : Most likely there was compression of nerves that caused this to happen. A loss of circulation seems less likely. Overall, I can't be certain about why this happened without an in-person examination. I don't see this as a normal consequence of using a pillow to raise the ankles. For that reason, I recommend you see a doctor.

Last updated Jan 10, 2021