ZA

I am known with a hiatus hernia and gerd. over the past few days i have been waking up with slight nausea and bloating with some reflux no vomiting or abdo pain. i am on ppis and was recently on antibiotics for an unrelated illness. what could it be?

Dr. Abdulsatar Aboobaker
Gastric: A hiatus hernia can certainly cause the symptoms of discomfort in the abdomen with bloating and reflux. You are on a PPI so maybe you should increase the dosage to twice a day before meals, Eat smaller meals at night. Above all I think you should see a Gastro Enterologist who could do a gastroscope to check the extent of the hernia, it could be larger now. Please consult

Last updated Dec 8, 2020