Vietnam

can vcjd spread through cooking utensils or surgical tools in for ex: an apendix surgery due to it resistance to normal sterilize procedure? if vcjd can spread through blood transfusion then can direct/sexual contact with blood transmit it?

Pathology 49 years experience
See below: Surgical instruments used for operating on brain tissue have been known to have transmitted CJD. There is minimal evidence of transmission through blood and none through sexual contact. Cooking utensils are not known a transmission route. vCJD is not a current issue in the US. Visit this site for information: https://www.cdc.gov/prions/cjd/index.html