ZA

i am requesting to obtain a referral for a covid-19 anti-body test. i have been advised i need surgery for hip dysplasia and would be grateful for this information before going into surgery. ?

Dr. Vera Barnard
Wrong test: The surgeon will refer you for a COVID-19 PCR test to detect if you are COVID-19 free before admitting you to hospital. Anti-body tests are not indicated, as anti-bodies only develop a while after you have contracted the virus. If you have no anti-bodies, it does not mean you do not have the virus.