Had my blood test done,no symptoms, feeling good.everything in the norm apart from igm levels which are 8,42 (range up to 2). igg is ok. crp good. what does elevated igm mean? i hav uc (in remission but recently got out of a flare). sick worried?

Dr. LINDILE SOGA
Recent infection?: Blood test results are best interpreted in the context of your clinical presentation. Your treating doctor who ordered the tests is best placed to explain the meaning of these results as he has your clinical information that made him do the tests. IgM antibodies can mean recent infection, first time. Also in some liver diseases they can be raised. So these tests cannot be useful without context