ZA

Good day, i started a new hiv treatment because i was resistant to atripla, so my physician put me on norvir, atazor, lamivudine & zidovudine and purbac. my eczema has since got worse and spread out, what could be the cause of this? thanking you.

Dr. LINDILE SOGA
Immunodeficiency : It appears that you failed your first line regimen ( poor adherence maybe) leading to grossly impaired immune system. That in itself would exacerbate eczema. This is likely to improve as the virus gets suppressed and immunity improves. It’s crucial, in your best interest, to share this information with your treating doctor so that you read from the same page

Last updated Sep 23, 2020