every day for past 6 months in the late afternoon/evening, my oral temperature spikes to around 99.6-100.0 but then slowly goes back down to 98.5. in the morning, its 97.7ish. does this sound normal? i know temperatures can fluctuate.

Dr. Donald Colantino
FUO: I consider this abnormal. Your symptoms would qualify as a fever of unknown origin and I recommend that you consult a specialist in infectious diseases for a workup. This may involve entering the hospital for a few days for a battery of tests in order to make a diagnosis in the most expeditious manner.
Answered on Aug 31, 2020