Elizabethtown, KY

What causes a burning crawling pressure in the back of head when i bend my head down or turn my head to the side accompanied by spots of light in vision and tingling numbness on face that is relieved when neck is straightened back

Dr. Jeffrey Gross
Neurosurgery 29 years experience
Positional imaging!: Your symptoms are concerning for a high cervical bone slippage (spondylolisthesis) involving the vertebral artery when your head flexes forward. When the artery is compromised, this can impact vision (the artery supplies the occipital lobe of the brain). Upper neck problems can cause facial tingling/numbness. There are also situations that can involve the carotid artery, which supplies the eye.

Last updated Sep 9, 2020