ZA

i had an abscess removed from my middle finger 7 days ago. took full course of antibiotics and pain meds. my wound is now open , joint in my finger sends sharp shocking pain through my hand to my arm, index and ring finger have pins and needles ?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Go back to doctor: You really need to return to the doctor who removed the abscess ASAP. You don’t want this wound to get infected now that it is open. If the doctor can’t see you quickly, consider going to urgent care or an ER. You may need wound care, more antibiotics, etc. Please get this looked at quickly. Best of luck to you!!
Pathology 49 years experience
Agree with Dr. F: What you described is not a do it yourself issue. Do see your doctor at your earliest. In the mean time you may apply triple antibiotic cream, available over the counter, to the wound. Wish you good health!
Get seen Promptly!: Please get prompt medical attention. I share concerns with other providers about possibility that this infection has not resolved.

Last updated Aug 25, 2020