Estero, FL
A 38-year-old female asked about a female:

What are some reasons a vaccine does not cause immunity? my 6yo daughter is up to date on all her vaccines but the prevnar did not seem effective. the plan is to give her a booster shot and recheck her titers. same occurred with me with the mmr.

Everyone's different: First, Prevnar is given to children age 6 years or above only IF there is an abnormality. In the US, normal children don't get Prevnar after reaching the 6th birthday. Then, things that might lead to a negative immunity test include: child is not immune because did not get the actual vaccine, did not respond to the vaccine, responded by the immune memory waned already, problem with the lab test...

Last updated Aug 2, 2020