ZA

if i'm asymptomatic and happen to go for a test and it comes back negative, is there a way to know whether i had covid-19, but because i was asymptomatic, i recovered or i'm negative because i have never had covid-19?

Antibody testing: There are two forms of testing currently available. The swab of nose/upper airway looks for genetic material of the virus and the blood test that looks for antibodies you system would make after the illness. The blood test is not available in many areas but will be an important part of defining how many in the population had it. The swab test identifies active cases better so it is the one used.
COVID 19: Serology tests looking for antibodies can confirm if you have been infected with COVID 19.
Dr. William Tamparo
Yes: So you can be asymptomatic and have Covid-19. You can take a rapid test depending on where you go and can get a result with in 24 hours. This test tells you if you have a current infection. You can also go for a blood test to test for Antibodies to see you if you HAD the COVID-19 infection, however doesnt tell you exactly when. Be aware not all test are 100% accurate, especially the rapid test.