New Britain, CT

I had cataract surgery over one week ago, i had the iol installed for distance, my vision is better in that eye, but i was expecting to see trees, houses, etc, to be more sharper since the cloudy lens was removed, is what i'm seeing is the best?

Dr. Vera Barnard
Ask opthalmologist: You should remember that many people who do not have cataracts, have to wear spectacles to see clearly. If a standard lens was placed in your eye, it does not correct other eye faults. You may need new spectacles. Discuss this with your ophthalmologist. Sometimes the thin layer around the lens heals with some scarring which can cause haziness, but your ophthalmologist can treat this with laser.

Last updated Dec 14, 2020