Fleming Island, FL

Intense pain with severe stabbing in pinky side & wrist of left hand - swelling extends from hand to wrist on side. i have to immobize my hand.

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Let me explain: When you have that intense pain a swelling in the hand a wrist must be some inflammatory problem, check if you gout or other or infection in the area, sometime cellulitis could do that. Do you had any trauma to hand ? If that the case could be due that. Check it out. Good luck.
Dr. Alex Meyers
Hand Surgery 25 years experience
Ulnar wrist pain: Ulnar wrist pain can have a number of etiologies: tfcc tear, radio carpal synovitis. Pisotriquetral arthritis and ulnar neuritiis and distal radioulnar joint arthritis come to mind. In the face of trauma consider also fracture.

Last updated Nov 30, 2018