Canada

i am feeling a racing heartbeat in my upper chest.my ecg and bp are normal.when i lie down i feel more and later have severe burping.i am 40 year female.is this beat from heart or due to acid reflux.how to reduce this.i feel so scared to sleep.thanks?

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Different: You likely have both, what you feel as heart beats are likely indeed heart beats. Burping reflects possible reflux and/or esophageal spasm. They are likely worsened by anxiety that creates the premises of a fast heart beat. If your symptoms are related or not will have to be investigated and seeing your primary care doc would be the first recommended step.