i am taking metformin and was wondering if i could take dietary supplements from it works. the ones i want to take are super reds, super greens, skinny brew coffee, and thermofight xx.

Dr. Donald Colantino
Supplements: Since government agencies don't investigate supplements, physicians are reluctant to endorse them for fear of contaminants, interactions with your medications, unknown dosing, unproven efficacy. However it is advisable to take vitamin B12 when you're on metformin as vitamin B12 deficiency has been reported in patients taking metformin.