Canada

i had septic shock about a month ago ! just wondering what the chances of me now getting septic arthritis as i'm having allot of pain in my elbow?

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management 17 years experience
Septic shock : Recurrence of septic shock after having one depends on what caused the first episode. For example, if the first episode was due to a foreign source that has since been removed, the chance of recurrence is low. Certainly see your doctor soon for any concerns of recurrence as this can be life threatening. Joint pain after an ICU stay is common and this may be something unrelated to infection.

Last updated Oct 23, 2016