ZA

i have a high body temperature (higher than 38.2) and have been asked by my employer to get tested.my colleague (who does not have medical aid) has also been asked to get tested. where can we get tested (freely) and how long to get results?

Dr. Avishka Baichan
Specializes in General Practice
Government heathcare: Good morning You may attend your local GP/clinic/hospital. Use a mask and call through so they may be prepared. They will assess and advise you further. Free testing will be done via a government health Centre. The result can take a few days given the backlog for tests. In the interim, you will need to self-isolate to prevent spread of infection.
Covid 19: It looks like you are from South Africa and already got a response from Dr. Baichan, I will just echo the need to wear a mask, social distance and quarantine until you are well or get a negative test result.

Last updated Jul 26, 2020