my nipples have recently gotten very sore. they look white in the middle and are peeling. we have a line of breast cancer in my family. should i be concerned?

Pathology 49 years experience
Need to examine: Breast cancer is very rare at your age. Could you have so called "jogger's nipples" from exercising? If there is not such explanation, it would be prudent to see your doctor as it is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without examining you. Get HPV vaccine. Wish you good health!
Dr. Richard Romano
Breast discharge : A few things come to mind, cystic disease, a brain hormone issue (extra prolactin), or an infection or other breast disease. I suggest seeing a doctor