woke up last night with a sharp stabbing pain in right side of chest that feels like a knife was jabbing through and coming out by my shoulder blade. the pain goes down the right arm. slight shortness of breathe. ?

Dr. Nellmarie Bodenstein
Specializes in
Chestpain: Pain with breathing? Can be pleuritis, that is inflammation in the pleura( lung membrane). Reflux can also cause chestpains. Futhermore Anxiety, especially work related stress can cause pain in ribs and cartilage joints. Stabbing pain is mostly not related to Angina as this is a pressure pain.Drink Lancap for reflux, Besemax for inflammation and muscle relaxation.if pain worse consult GP.
Answered on Apr 28, 2020