do i have the symptoms of covid?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Jacobus (Dr. Cobus) Van Niekerk
Specializes in Aesthetic Medicine
Covid 19: Hi, Please advise further as you do not mention your symptoms. If you have not been out of your home for 14 days, and do NOT have sudden onset of Fever >38 degrees celsius, or suffering with sudden onset, of sore throat, coughing and Shortness of breath, then it is unlikely. I am open for Virtual Consultations from 15:00 to 17:00 if you need to do a Virtual Consulation. Regards Dr Cobus
Answered on Apr 29, 2020
Dr. Samantha Beningfield
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
Agree with above.: Hi MT, I agree with the doctor above. If you have any of the symptoms listed you qualify for testing, but it may be possible to test remotely (instead of in a hospital). There are certain criteria that could make you high risk which is important. Feel free to call for a consultation, I am available.
Answered on Apr 29, 2020
Dr. INA STOFFBERG
Specializes in
? Covid symptoms: Dear Patient The symptoms of Covid includes fever,history of fever, cough, sore throat, body pains s, loss of taste or smell, diarrhoea and tiredness. If you need to consult you can go onto the Intercare website and make a booking for screening purposes or if you wish to consult virtually , you van make an online booking for virtual consultations,I am available all day till 16h45. Kind regards
Answered on Apr 29, 2020
1
Dr. Lervasen Pillay
Specializes in Sports Medicine
agree with everyone. best to schedule a virtual consult via drconnect to get assessed and reviewed
Apr 29, 2020
Dr. Rajeev Bangalee
Specializes in
Covid 19 hotline: There’s a covid hotline that has been set up and manned by doctors from all across the country which is very informative. It’s just the cost of a phone call. They are able to advise . The number is 0870550234. They operational mon-fri 8am-5pm
Answered on Apr 29, 2020
1
Dr. Jacobus (Dr. Cobus) Van Niekerk
Specializes in Aesthetic Medicine
There is also a free advice virtual consultation process, via the Discovery Website sponsored by Discovery and Vodacom. Where you can have a friendly doctor face on the other side of your phone or Laptop Screen.
Apr 22, 2020