Blairsville, PA

I had a testicular torsion almost two weeks ago now and surgery to correct it. i can walk with no problem now. i was wondering if i'm able to lift weights again as the doctor wasn't completely clear about it and i didn't think to ask at the post op?

Give it time: I would concentrate on doing cardio for now. Most would wait at least 6-8 weeks for healing before you did any lifting that will stress the areas involved. As you get back to your routine try not to hold your breath or bear down during any lift. It places less strain on your abdominal contents.

Last updated Apr 13, 2020