San Jose, CA

can someone with severe chronic/amplified pain and other severe mental illnesses (severe social anxiety, severe depression) get on disability? not being able to work simple jobs, difficultly walking and sitting correctly.

Maybe: These issues are determined under guidelines determined by individual states. Documentation is generally required & the personnel making such determinations require you to sign a waver so they can get medical records from any previous treating physician. You may be able to start the process online. Contact your state offices.
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Chronic Pain & Psych: Please make getting better your first goal. Your primary care doc and a clinical psychologist can help w/that. They will also be contacted by the Bureau of Disability Determination if you apply for disability. Peace and good health.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
DISABILITY: In CA there is state disability insurance - https://www.edd.ca.gov/Disability You can apply for Social Security Disability benefits online and inquire about the criteria - https://www.ssa.gov/applyfordisability/