Chicago, IL

i have severe asthma usually my asthma attacks have wheezing , chest tightness. a few months now off and on no wheezing at times alot chest tightness and my peak flow is 240-290 what would cause chest tightness low peak flow readings thank you ?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
PEF diary am/pm: Your asthma is not well controlled, and your medications need to be adjusted. Your airflow is diminished and a post Albuterol inhaler reading obtained 20 minutes after the dose is suggested. A full review of your asthma is available by uploading information to an inbox consultation with HT. Keep a log of PEF readings am/pm and watch for signs of fever, worsening cough and shortness of breath.

Last updated Apr 11, 2020