ZA

spot on palm of hand ?

Dr. Ramatsobane Martha Ledwaba
MELANOMA?: i need more detalis,how long has it been there? Is it painful? Do you have history of trauma on the hand? Is it growing in size?

Chilhowie, VA

I obsessivly pick sores on my hands and scalp, why can't I stop even though it hurts? Is it anxiety or something else?

Dr. John Hsiao
Something else: If it 's not irritation (itching) then you probably have dermatillomania, which is just a fancy way of saying you obsessively pick at yourself. This is thought to be related to obsessive-compulsive disorder & may improve on an ssri antidepressant. Cognitive-behavioral therapy might also help. You could also try wearing a hat & gloves (kidding). Anxiety makes it worse.

Can you get carpal tunnel on your palm as well as on your wrist?

Dr. Luis Villaplana
WRIST IS WHERE: The problem is, fingers is where you feel the problems.
Spain

I have a new olive spot on the palm of my hand. It apeared about a year and a half ago and i'm almost sure it has grown bigger. Should i remove it?

Dr. Raymond Wittstadt
Hand Surgery 36 years experience
Probably not: Any spot that is new or has changed with time should be looked at by your doctor. Only they can tell you whether it needs to be checked out by a hand surgeon or dermatologist. Serious hand bumps are not very common and usually do not need treatment, but you should get it checked out.
Reseda, CA
A male asked:

I notice a warmth on the palm of my hand. I looked and there's a red spot(<penny size) No itch. And in it there's a tiny bumb. Hurts a little pushed?

Dr.
Red spot hand : It could be infection like an abscess or an infected or inflamed cyst . Try anti inflammatory , if gets worse then consult a doctor.
Pittsburgh, PA
A male asked:

I was stacking wood when a yellowish liquid got on my hand I washed it off with soap and now there yellowish brown spot on my palm and thumb?

Dr.
Wash well: As long as you have washed it throughly under running water for 10 min I would just watch it. If it is a dye or some sort of organic pigment it may stain your hands but if there is no burning, itching , or increasing redness it will go away in a few days. If it blisters or starts to spread see your doctor.

Last updated Apr 6, 2020