Rose Hill, NC

i'm having twinges of pain over right kidney.pain is starting to increase.started a few hours ago.peeing more that normal.possibe blood in urine, urine is darker than normal.have history of kidney stones.should i try to ride this out or seek medical?

Dr. Claudine nandi Lee
Treat as such: Hydrate as much as possible with clear water. Use antispasmodics and pain killers. If you can't cope try to access telephonic consult or virtual to see if you need the kidney stone lasered. Which will have to be done in hospital.
Dr. Vijaya Sikand
Kidney stone: With your history,it sounds like a recurrence of kidney stone. You should increase your fluid intake as much as possible and take medication for pain that you might have at home. If you have fever or chills with pain in the right flank/back, it could mean kidney infection which would require antibiotics as soon as poss. But OK to treat symptoms alone now until you can consult your doctor.