ZA

I missed my babys antibiotic at lunch time and gave it to him at 16:00. it is now bedtime and i want to know if i can leave the next dosage until tomorrow morning? it is the fourth day we have been on antibiotics

Usually ok: It generally depends on the severity of symptoms and type of infection. In worse cases, a patient should be waken up to take medication. In milder cases, a delay in a dose makes little difference. Sometimes people will divide up the missed dose and give it over the course of the next 2-3 doses, depending on how many doses a day were planned. If worried, parents can call the prescribing doctor.

Last updated Mar 17, 2020