Leesburg, GA

So i just got my front 4 teeth pulled about a week ago ive been rinsing my mouth out with warm salt water and today i was doing my dental procedure and the piece of skin that covered the left side of my mouth fell off and it left a hole. normal?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Dental Extractions: Not quite sure of what you are describing regarding "skin that is covering your mouth", but is can be expected that during the healing process tissue may slough off. Since you haven't mentioned swelling, pain, or bleeding, it appears you are healing normally. Your dentist can take a look if something doesn't seem right.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Sloughing: Probably nothing to worry about. Post-surgical Care is part of your overall procedure. Call your treating Dentist and discuss your concerns.
Dr. Angel Arturo Moya Marquez
Specializes in General Practice
Yes: Yes, it is normal, that hole you feel is going to heal and be refill with normal gum tissue

Last updated Feb 3, 2020