my concern is the shooting pains when i move my neck that go from my neck straight to my head, which can be very painful. another symptom is numbness in my right hand. i have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis and i'm due to have a knee replacement.

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Cervical spine: It is likely that changes at the level of your cervical spine, possibly advanced arthritis are causing you the pain and numbness that is likely due to a pinched nerve. Make sure you mention it to your doc and good luck with your knee surgery.
Answered on Jan 8, 2020