ZA

8 year old has had fever for 3 days. been giving panado and neurofen but it wont break! what can i do?

Day 3 = call the Dr.: Whether or not an 8 year-old with a fever needs to go to the ER depends on if the parent is very worried, and if the child actually has serious symptoms. If the parent is very worried, he should take the child to the ER no matter what the fever is. But, a normal healthy 8 year-old who looks pretty good, acts pretty normal, and just started a high fever, usually can see on Day 2-4.