i found out i have hpv in july. it caused a few small warts in my vagina. now im worried i might have hpv in my mouth. i have white patches on my throat, headaches. nothing is swollen. can this be/turn into oral cancer?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
53 years experience Infectious Disease
No risk, no worry: It is unlikely your mouth and throat are infected. Even if they were, HPV doesn't cause white patches or headache. And the HPV types that cause warts do not cause cancer in the mouth, throat, or anywhere else. Get vaccinated against HPV: it will protect you against future infection with up to 9 types of HPV, including the type (HPV16) that causes almost all HPV-related oral cancer. Good luck!
Answered on Oct 22, 2019
1