ZA

i'm pregnant and struggling with anxiety and nervousness. is there any mild and calming sedative i can take that's safe for me and my baby?

Sure: One's Ob-Gyn doctor can assess and perhaps prescribe a medication. Referrals to Psychology or Psychiatry are needed sometimes. Patients with psychiatric issues should be treated before, during, and after pregnancies because there are a lot of changes and stressors happening. We do not want new mothers to decompensate as that is bad for babies and mothers. Thus, we plan ahead for treatment.
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 34 years experience
Consult OB: Yoga, meditation, epsom salts baths and lavender essential oil diffusion are all perfectly safe in pregnancy and may be very helpful