my childs doctor told us to put 1/2 teaspoon of karo syrup in every 3 ounce bottle as a treatment for constipation. most websites says do not give kar?

45 years experience Pediatrics
Light karo's okay...: I prefer full strength prune juice, 1 oz given spaced out 1-3X/d but light karo also works. Both are an old fashion remedy that rely on the fact the kid doesn't absorb the material like older kids/adults & it works by drawing water into the stool mix. I was taught never to use the dark karo for a reason that escapes me. Either take 3-4 days to bring results,
Answered on Jul 7, 2019