might i take the daily dosage of multi vitamin in the same meal?

Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Orthopedic Surgery 47 years experience
Probably: Most vitamins are best taken with a meal.

How many different heart birth defects are there?

Dr. Ruben Nazario
Specializes in Pediatrics
Several: There are several types of heart defects, but doctors usually classify them into several broad categories. Cyanotic defects cause your baby to turn cyanotic, or blue. Obstructive defects block the normal flow of blood through the heart and its associated blood vessels. Septal defects cause "holes" between the heart's chambers. And hypoplastic defects make one side of the heart smaller.

Will my breast milk provide a large enough supply of vitamin d?

Dr. Lisa Roberts
No: Unfortunately, studies show that even if taking prenatal vitamins, breast milk does not secrete sufficient amounts of vit d for babies. It is very important for your baby to get at least 400 iu vit d per day. Ask your pediatrician about which product he/she recommends. Vit d is not onlygood for your baby's bones, but also helpful to decrease risk for diabetes, autoimmune problems & some cancers.

Do all women suffer the same symptoms in the first trimester?

Dr. Aileen Caceres
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
No: Women may be all be different in the way that they experience pregnancy in the first trimester. The majority of women will experience tiredness and are more sleepy, while others may feel an incredible surge in energy. Other women may experience increased nauseau and or vomiting.

How long to go back to work after appendecto and ovarian cyst on the left side same time by malpractice surgery?

Dr. Alan Patterson
You need to ask the : Doc who did your surg as that doc knows how everything went and u didnt say what type of surg you had, laparoscopy, robot open? And did you have any problems after like bleeding or infection, etc. Or none, so call you surgeon and ask him or her, and don't go sue the doc unless there was really something that happened or was done that was below the standard of care so get a 2nd opinion if neces.

My daughter is 14. She has double session tryouts for soccer. That equals 4 1/2 hours of soccer a day. She has horrible blisters on her feet. Her second toe has a blister under her tonail. Her tonail is off colored now. What should we do. She has two more

Dr. Brandon Macy
Podiatry 41 years experience
Blisters under: Toenails are quite common in sports participants. If you're able to drain it, apply a topical antibiotic and wrap it in a band aid, that's about the best you can do short term. You might want to check on the size of the soccer boots. If too small, they can be making things worse. Also, i hope the coach/trainer has them wearing running shoes for the pure running workouts.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
She might try wearing two pair of socks on each foot and see if that helps. This was something I was taught back in high school by my coach and it worked for me. ( to prevent the blisters, not treat them.)
Aug 16, 2012

Last updated Apr 21, 2013