U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
San Jose, CA
A 21-year-old member asked:

My boyfriend is experiencing tailbone pain, recurring fever, severe back pain in the upper part, rectal lump, hip stiffness, and difficulty walking. he is not experiencing hand pain, hip pain, knee pain, muscle cramps or spasms, obesity, or pain shooting

1 doctor answer8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Archibald Miller
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
Rectal mass: I must assume your boyfriend is also in his 20’s. You describe a “rectal lump”. He needs to consult a gastroenterologist and have a complete exam and rectal exam. The etiology of the symptoms you describe are multiple, but need an exam, possible ct scan or mri. I recommend you advise him to do this sooner rather than later. Arch s miller Ms,md,facs faap

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 15, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.