is it safe to apply icy hot or an icy hot patch at the bottom of my rib cage? i have frequent ulcers and do not have insurance for 2 wks

Dr. Shaban Faruqui
Specializes in Gastroenterology
Do not ignore persis: Your history is not complete. I have to assume you have pain in lower rib cage and have hx of PUD. I am also assuming u can afford to buy OTC medications Epigastric pain just below the ribcage/epigastric pain,poss. GBD/ PUD, but also there is a long list of D/D. You may try Prilosec and take 2 , 20 mg tabs. and wait to see response. If pain persist than you should go to ER or PCP for Diagnos. w/u
Answered on May 4, 2019