U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old male asked:

I suffer from insomnia and it been more than 10 years now, i just want to know if it curable and where i can get help.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Kate Erwin
Specializes in undefined
Insomnia: Have you had sleep studies, physical exam and blood work? See your doctor to review the problem. Medical problems need to be ruled out or addressed first and sleep studies might be helpful in diagnosis and/or treatment decisions. There are multiple sleep hygiene routines that also may help such as taking a hot shower and avoiding exercise before bed, and avoiding caffeine in afternoon and night

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 15, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.