Newark, NJ

what is the best form of zinc to take for zinc levels in body to be increased or return ed to normal. take hctz and learned it deplete zinc from body?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Pharmacist: Ask your pharmacist to recommend a zinc supplement. I'm not sure that there is a standard dose. HCTZ also depletes the body of potassium. Ask your prescribing physician if your potassium level has been checked and whether you should also take a potassium supplement. Don't take potassium without your physicians OK as you may not need to. Too much potassium is dangerous.